Tuesday 12 November 2013

Risalah al-Mudhakarah

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


As a brief introduction, this is the translation in English for Risalah al-Mudharah. It was composed by Abdullah Alawi al-Haddad but I did not write it in according to his composition in English because he used Arabic in the letters. The letters were actually kept by my father but he did not read it himself. I found it in his keeping so I read it and now sharing it with brethren in faith... I would like to apologize for my bad English. I tried hard to maintain the nuance of the original text but it is impossible too to write it in raw translation...

Epistle of Reminder
My mother had actually asked me to do some translations on our religious books as a way to gain meritorious deeds but she does not even know what I am studying, haha. I made some by hand-writing because I have no printer nor scanner here. So, it is just in my notebooks. 

Abdullah Alawi al-Haddad who originally delivered this was a pious man from Tarim Valley of Hadramawt region in Southern Yemen. He was a blind man but possess a vast knowledge about the "Path". The region was prominent for Shafi'ie school of jurisprudence which is also a school followed by most of the citizen in our country. Last time, I had to follow the method from Arabia because I had some experience being driven out from the "Path" so I had to keep a very strict practice as a way to regain my faith again. And now I am giving the honor again to our ancestors who adopt this school...  

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...