Wednesday 8 January 2014

6th Rabi' al-Awwal 1435

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


I am just starting to fast again tomorrow... I had stopped once because I am afraid that I am doing things out of the context and I really wanted to be in accordance with traditional and internationally agreed convention by the majority... The stop is to review all traditional sources either the primary and secondary sources besides the opinions of pious predecessors.

I actually had practiced fasting with all of these insights with me since five years ago although these were from my previous practices and knowledge during my young teenage life. I checked them all and they are in line with the practices of a pilgrim in Holy Mecca. So, I still contemplate with these as one of the comparative benchmarks although I am an Orthodox Muslim. It makes my task easier in order to understand psychological phenomenon around me which forms a part of the path of "self" purification for an advanced practitioner who wander in thick forest, deserts and mountainous regions to be free from the "chains" tying their mind...

Ethics

1. Avoid from destroying other creatures life which also include insects and animals.
2. Avoid taking whatever is not ours.
3. Avoid from any genital misconduct.
4. Avoid from incorrect speech.
5. Avoid from intoxicants and anything which would lead to carelessness.

Wisdom

In order to acquire wisdom one has to have...

1. Right view
2. Right intention

Moral Conducts

3. Right speech
4. Right action
5. Right livelihood

Concentration

6. Right mindfulness
7. Right effort
8. Right concentration 

All of these could be "practiced" in the same time or one can start them one by one as according to the stages to accommodate his capacity. They looks easy but to bring them into conduct is actually difficult. It would lead ones to other virtues. It is about the second type of understanding... Listening and contemplation itself could not transform ones mind to combat with the "darkness" within one self. It is only accomplished through the practice of meditation... Everything which I practiced in the framed term known as "da'awa" and stuffs emerged from these... I sat down and eat with homeless people everywhere as it emerged in my "mind" to do so. It only comes when I am alone contemplating through breath... Not when I am with people because my mouth will be sealed in front of them because they will think that I am possessed by ghosts or simply a lunatic guy...

Just my experience, I am talking simply through experience and limited things that I know. Please do not take anything as mystical, please!! Nothing mystical nor magical. In fact, I am not so much into speculations but I am sure that I am not free from attachment to perceptions unless if I could ignore anything which happened around me and coming into the "action". There are Arabic terms for these which could match the "Sufi" circles. But I refuse from using Arabic or other languages term while using English. 

Sealed with payers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...