Wednesday 25 January 2012

CNY: Sungai Petani 2012

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah

Village Mall



Mangrove Forest and River 






Masjid Sultan Muzaffar Shah

Fajar prayer service with mum in the congregation.... I noticed a fellow Muslim Chinese brother there but I didn't get the chance to talk with him because he quickly disappear after the service. Usually I would choose to pray beside Muslim Chinese brother because of the sense that we are the same people, haha.





Old SP Town

Having some breakfast, nasik lemak tungkup tunjung with mum after prayer service. Nice view huh...This one is beside the old bus station. I used to take bus from Penang to Sungai Petani while being an undergraduate student and I stopped by here during holidays. I stayed at our old house alone with an axe in my hand while sleeping. This place sometimes make me feel not safe but it is my hometown. I was born here and three years of my early life was spent here.



Char Koey Teaow Stall in Old Town


Foods

These cuisines and things could be easily founded in the natt in Sungai Petani Old Town...

Khao Nieow Gai Thoat

It simply means chicken with glutinous rice or pulot ayam goreng. We bought this together with the following snack from a Muslim Thai auntie who talks vulgar words, hahaha. 


 Miang Kham


A kind of Thai snack known as Miang Kham which consists of Cha Plu or Daun Kadok as the wrapper. Ingredients inside the leaf would be shallots, fresh bird eyes chili, ginger, garlic, lime, onion, roasted peanuts, small dried shrimps with sweetened nam pla sauce. Nam Pla is fish sauce and it is wrapped separately in the plastic like we can see in the picture.

Mentarang


Urmmm, I don't know what is this called in English. It's called as Mentarang in Malay. Perhaps a kind of Moluska. I'm not good in Biology anyway, haha. I think this could cause us impurity too if eaten but mum said that it is not mentioned in their school of jurisprudence which is Shafi'ie school. They sold this along side the beaches at Perlis such as in Kuala Sanglang and Pantai Sabak in Selangor. This one was bought in Sungai Petani in Central Kedah. A kilo in Sungai Petani, RM8 and RM9 along Pantai Sabak.

 

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace, and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...