Friday 4 November 2011

Strawberry Swing

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


Good morning, sabah al-khayr... ahahaha... I'm trying to develop poetry skill like others but I think I just know how to copy others' works. I love to listen to Coldplay and watching music videos when I was a young teenage... I didn't really like watching American MV played at the TV because some of those hip hop MV portray women as objects of selves satisfaction.

I am now an Orthodox Muslim but I still remain the same honoring women as people who plays important roles in society. Women are not sex toys nor slaves to be displayed like a prostitute. Even we respect prostitutes as human-being who deserve every rights to be respected in the society. Women are scholars, teachers, leaders with different functions and balancing the universe. They should be respected, not to be degraded as sex objects like what had been portrayed in hatred websites and medias especially in the West.

I remember one of my colleague, Amir also love to listen to English songs but his genre of music is more to metal styles... I don't care about genre or whatever it is. I listen to lyrics and not the kind of musics...  Usually I love plain things... I don't really like anything which is special : )

Lets...

They were sitting... They were sitting in the strawberry swing...
And every moment was so precious... 
They were sitting... They were talking in the strawberry swing... 
And everybody was for fighting, wouldn't wanna waste a thing...

Cold... Cold water bring me 'round'
Now my feet won't touch the ground...
Cold... cold water... What you say?
It's such a perfect day... It's such a perfect day...

I remember we were talking to strawberry swing...
I can't wait till morning... Wouldn't wanna change a thing...
People moving all the time inside a perfect straight line...
Don't you wanna curve away?
It's such a perfect day... It's such a perfect day...

Now the sky could be blue... I don't mind...
Without you... It's a waste of time...
Could be blue... I don't mind...
Without you, it's a waste of time...

The sky could be blue, could be gray...
Without you, I just slide away...
The sky could be blue... I don't mind...
Without you... It's a waste of time...

- Coldplay

Quite abstract lyrics... I don't know what the composer has in his mind while composing the lyrics but I think this general song could be interpreted by everyone according to their own way and events that happened in their life. I'm encouraging British Muslims and those in Europe specially migrant ones working with English and British Isle culture (or Europeans' culture). You have huge responsibility to find the way in term of wisdom... Not to Arabize, Wahhabicize or Pakistanize people but showing the way how to make everyone's life compatible to "the nature" and foremost teach everyone that every creature of the God are equal before Him, but wisdom, patience, morality and noble life leads to the Mercy and Love of the God : )

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace, and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...