Thursday 28 November 2013

Quran Memorization: Du'as

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


Last time I had put up the meaning of the du'a or supplication before we memorize the Quran. I am trying to structure the literature so I could check them again when I am transmitting the teachings to other brothers and sisters "only" when they ask for assistance. 

We recite supplications and trying to get His attention to us each time before we memorize the Quran. So, I am sharing it here in Arabic because the code of communication with Him lies behind the words within the supplications and the Quran itself. Du'a is not translated into Malay language but in Sanskrit we can translate the word with śrū or in Malay, which means səru that comes from the same word of Sanskrit... 

Before You Begin

Please recite أم الكتاب الفاتحة
Recite آية الكرسي ٢:٢٥٥
أستغفرالله العظيم الذي لا اله إلا هوالحي القيوم وأتوب إليه ١٠ مرات
أللهم صل على سيدنا محمد وعلى آل سيدنا محمد ١٠ مرات

أللهم افتح علينا حكمتك وانشرعلينا من خزائن رحمتك يا أرحم الراحمين

Dear our Lord, open up for us Your wisdom. And gather upon us from Your treasure of Mercy. O the Most Merciful the Most Compassionate.

أللهم نورنا بكتابك بصري واشرح به صدري واستعمل به بدني وأطلق به لساني وقوى به جنابي وأسرع به فهمي وبحولك وقوتك يا أرحم الراحمين

Dear our Lord, enlight my chest with Your scripture and explains me about everything around me with it and use it as a shield for my body and make my tongue fluent with it and strengthen my sides with it and make me understand things immediately with it and with You surrounding me and with Your strength protecting me, o the Most Mercy Compassionate One!

إنا نحن نزلنا ذكرى وإنا له لحافظون سورة الحجر٩:١٤ ٧ مرات

Indeed We, without doubt, sent down the Message and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

So, you can memorize verses or the suras that you choose to memorize. You can use few different methods and maybe take time like half an hour everyday without specifying the time for memorization. It could be anytime but you just allocate half an hour for that purpose. So, it would be very flexible and you still practicing your memorization although you are doing other works.

Before You Close

صدق الله العظيم وبلغ رسوله الكريم تنزيل من رب العالمين ربنا آمنا بما أنزلتَ واتبعناالرسولَ فاكتبنا مع الشاهدينَ

True is the God the Great and His noble messenger (prophet Muhammad s.a.w) already had delivered everything which is revealed from the Lord of the universe. Our Lord, we believe in whatever (revelation) that You had revealed and we follow the example of the messenger thus write for us please, that we would be among those who bear the witness (that You are the God the Highest and prophet Muhammad s.a.w is Your appointed messenger)!

My Words

My translation is very loose because I understand the prayer and I can use them within applied situation. Please avoid writing them down, copying them and pasting it elsewhere or printing them down. I am very orthodox when it comes to memorization and veneration of the Quran! If you do not believe them then please skip this post. I am just sharing this for believers but I have no audio to transmit the sound...

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...