Tuesday 14 May 2013

Quran Lesson: Surat al-Fajr

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


Alhamdulillahi rabbi'l'aalamin... Praises only due to the Lord of the universe that we finished our night prayers at the mosque without any problem. I rarely pray at the musalla close to our neighborhood but I walk almost everyday to the al-Najah mosque at the religious primary school if brothers and sisters are familiar with Precinct 9 in Putrajaya. Because I have time for that and I don't make friends with fellow human-beings, my father is lying sick on the bed and I am broke right now that I cannot travel far, hahaha. 

I think today the mosque is extraordinarily filled with people just like yesterday. Thankful to the God when seeing them performing the salat services together. I am glad the young imam from Kelantan is back too. I was so sad when I thought he was shifted. Though never talked with him cause there is no chance yet but I simply feel comfortable to pray there because of him.  

Introduction

In the Name of the God the Most Merciful the Most Compassionate
 
I just chanted the surat al-Fajr to fill the gap time between the Maghrib and 'Isha servcies though been reading the opening part for so many times. Yes, it is a simple surat recorded in the Glorious Quran but please never under estimate its benefit to the reciters and those who learn this simple surat. This surat was revealed in the holy city, Mecca just after the revelation of the surat al-Layl. Al-Fajr means the Day Break. It consists of 30 verses. So, how to memorize this surat easily? You can break this surat into three parts where each part consists of 10 very simple verses. Methods may vary depends on a person. I am usually using the tasbeeh or prayer beads to memorize the verses. There are specific methods that a reciter may develop but I am not going to talk in length here.

Meaning

There are four major lessons which we could find in this surat. I am going to put them together in the meaning section.

1) The Destruction of Those who Opposed Teachings of the God

By the dawn 1 And the ten nights 2 And the even and odd 3 And the night when it passes 4 Is there in that, an oath for one of perception? 5 Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with the tribe of 'Aad? 6 Iram who had lofty pillars 7 The likes of whom had never been created in the land 8 And Tamud, who carved out rocks in the valley? 9 And Pharaoh who owns the stakes? 10 Whom oppressed within the lands 11 And increased therein the corruption 12 So, your Lord poured upon them a scourge of punishment 13 Indeed, your Lord is in observation 14

2) Wealth and Poverty is the Tests for the Servants of the God

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me" 15 But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me" 16 No, but you do not honor the orphan! 17 And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor 18 And you consume inheritance, devouring it altogether! 19 And you love the wealth with intense love 20

3) The Remorse of Those who were Sunken in the Worldly Affairs

Never! When the earth has been leveled, pounded and crushed 21 And your Lord has come, and the angles rank upon rank 22 And brought within the view, that Day is Hell - that Day, man will remember, but what good for him will be the remembrance? 23 He will say, "Oh, I wish I had sent ahead some good for my life" 24 So, on that Day, none will punish as severely as His punishment 25 And none will bind as severely as His binding of the evildoers 26

4) Appreciation on Those who were Faithful

To the righteous it will be said, "O, tranquil soul!" 27 Return to your Lord, well-pleased and pleasing to Him 28 And enter among My righteous servants 29 And enter into My paradise 30    

Lessons

Well, I can just relate this to my life. I never look far to others because I have no power to do that. Even our self is quite difficult to contemplate and to know. How can we judge people and say that we are better off than others? This surat is good for those who feel hopeless in their life. Maybe we are not fortunate as others, poor, broke, ugly, and so on. But the God Himself through the tongue of noble prophet Muhammad s.a.w assured us that these are not the humiliation for us. They are just the trials for us. If we wish to return to Him well-pleasing and peacefully, we should try our best to fulfill our Covenant with Him. 

Maybe we feel insinuated or feel sad when we suddenly compared ourselves with others. I too sometimes feel that way even I cried until some people looked at me like a crazy person because I looked awful just after that. We feel that way because they are more fortunate than us or lucky there while we are wretched miserable and hapless soul here. But, then the God says that it is also a trial as to show whether those people are going to be steady or sunken into worldly affairs. The God had earlier put forth the example to us, the 'Aad and the Tamud who were the ancient Arab nations. The Aad's archeological sites were discovered by Western archeologists in Rubb el-Khaly and the noble prophet Muhammad s.a.w had also passed the area of the Tamud during the battle of Tabuk in the 9th of H as reported by Abdullah bin Umar r.a. Also the Pharaoh who killed the Egyptian sorcerers who testified the prophethood of Moses a.s thus refusing to worship the king just because he was rich and fortunate. 

So, this is some parts of the Quran... Try to memorize if brothers and sisters have some blurry image of the written surats. If brothers and sisters had already memorize them, then I am so pleased. Even more pleased if you help me to teach them around, to your children to your friends to your brothers and sisters. By memorizing the Quran, you people could also help me in the hereafter. At least please tell the God to save me :')

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...