Thursday 16 May 2013

Mentions about Deen

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


Introduction

I recalled some memory while I was in the musalla in USM just after some bayan sessions by Tabligh movement students on Thursday. One of an undergraduate student there, by the name H was quarreling with a guy who happened to be a neighbor at my living section up there at 10th floor. His name is Raof and a Phd student at our School of Social Science from Sri Lanka. Well, I like that Sri Lankan guy and I respect him. However, I did not mingle so much with him because I was in vow period. Actually I tend to have a gap with people around me. Does not matter from whatever movement they are or what kind of person they are. I do not like to be known to people, listening to people proclaiming that solely their movement is the righteous one and I am constantly in vow to be consecrated only for Him.  The vow is not easy ones. Some people taking oath before their teachers. I took vow before the God at the Grand Mosque in holy Mecca and testifying again the "portal of religion".

I heard that, H said something with a stressing tone and it ends with "it is deeeennnnn!" just after Raof teased him. From what I observed, Raof does not feeling well with the Tabligh members because one of his supervisor was a Tabligh and he left him alone with his thesis unfinished while the supervisor went away for his "Tablighi" mission. He mentioned something that he favors the Salaf movement more than Tabligh movement. I am not here to judge people or talking about movements. But one has to know his or her responsibility in the first place. I am performing the da'awa too. We do not have to be classified as a Tabligh member, a mawlana, a shaikh, a mureed of a tariqa movement, a salafi movement or etc as to take pride of. Just enough that we are Muslims and the nations sanctified under the mercy toward the universe, Muhammad s.a.w. As for da'awa, I am acting according to the situation and the da'awa toward our own self is more difficult than persuading others to something which we are not practicing. Now, I have a paralyzed father who needs full attention so I am here while others are laughing happily and enjoying their life. I am sacrificing myself for my father, my mother and to some extent for sisters. So, is this less noble than "performing da'awa" by movements' pride besides capturing pictures with friends wearing white robe or getting the "good feeling" when people look at us with respect and veneration? : ) 

Just after I heard that H stressing about the deen. I wonder on how does everyone understood the deen? What exactly is deen? I think I had put this forth before. Deen is a corresponding word that exist not only Quranic Arabic, but also in Aramaic and Hebrew. I simply wanted to consider myself as a civilian but I cannot because I was trained in Islamic stream as a Muslim missionary. I just ran away and learning (practicing) Indian gnosticism namely Buddhism because people could not accept different responsibility and tendency of human-being. Deen literally means the law in both Aramaic and Hebrew.

Definition

The deen is a singular for Adyaan.

By literal meaning in our Arabic language, "It means the obedience and following".

By general terminological meaning, "Whatsoever is embraced by the human-being and believed by him related to the invisible matters and whatever can be seen".

Islamic technical meaning for this word, "Submitting in peace to the God the Highest, and following Him. And the deen is the path of Islam and the monotheism creed where it is the religion of all messengers of the God since the first sage, Adam a.s. and Noah a.s. to the seal of prophethood in earthly realm, Muhammad s.a.w". 

The evidences that the revelation of the God to Muhammad s.a.w, has eliminated the previous paths are mentioned in the Glorious Quran.
Says the God the Highest which means, "Indeed, the closest religion to the God is Islam. And those who were given the revelation did not differ except the knowledge had come to them - out of jealousy and animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of the God the Highest, the indeed, the God is swift in taking account!" - Surat Ali-Imran vs. 19
"And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers". - Surat Ali-Imram vs. 85
"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than the God, and those animals killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you are able to slaughter before its death, and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and prohibited is that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of defeating your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you, your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, the God is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful". - Surat al-Maidah vs. 3
I am fasting today in the month of Rajab. So, getting ready with some preparation and I have to go for the mosque. I am just taking simple vegetarian food and I have no chance to have a well-build body like other men anymore, haha. I think I am older than my age now because of the environment makes me to be so. Feel like 40 years old by now. I do not feel interested at all when listening to people talking about developed countries, setting up business and being rich or etc. If all of the people are busy with those matters, who'll be His full-time servant? Many people also talk about doomsday, but what are their preparations other than pasting hadiths about black flags or panji hitam just to claim that their race will be the champion to conquer the world? Is that black flag is important or the resurrection matters more?

By the way, we take hadith as the second source of the jurisprudence but not to supersede the Glorious Quran. So, the weak hadith about Rajab month or the worship in specific month could still be taken as the encouragement without being associated to the noble prophet Muhammad s.a.w speeches because of the weak chain. I am still fasting but every Monday and Thursday. Sometimes, like David the prophet.

Try not be to extreme in opinion or even acts of worship. Just stay in the middle path. I am going to continue after the "Isha service, insha Allah.

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...