Friday 2 March 2012

Happy Passover 2012

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


I dedicate this post to brethren of the people of the books whom having the faith in the prophethood of Moses a.s and to all our Hebrew brothers whom are attached to the 13 pillars of faith. It will begin around 15th Neesan according to Levant calender. It is a celebration to commemorate the exodus of Moses a.s and his people from Egypt. 15th Neesan is equivalent to 7th of  April and it's fixed in Solar calender. It is the first month in Levant calender.

Actually the Hadrami Yemenis are also counted as Hebrews so I can't really differentiate ourselves when I get to know about our ancestry except that I am professing the faith toward Muhammad s.a.w prophethood and reciting the Glorious Quran with the Sunnah. A chain of event would follow in this festival like fasting, festive meal and liturgy of psalter recitation for about six to seven days. 

Ours Passover in term that we are Muslims is in the 10th of Muharram and we also fast during these days beginning from the 9th day to 10th of Muharram every year according to Lunar calender (Narration of Ibnu Abbas and Abu Qatadah). This fast is optional but our people usually fast. I still remember when I was a little kid listening to elders talking about this and they would racing among each other to treat people for breaking fast meals. Urm, firstborn son will also fast and in my family I am the first born son though I am the fourth in the sibling. Muharram is the first month in Lunar calender.   

Just talked with an Israeli-Yemeni brother and wishing him Passover greeting too. I just wept to him cause I don't know to whom should I talk about how I regret that I had committed errors in pilgrimage in the holy land. When I get the chance I just talked with him like talking to a cousin. 

I feel like talking with my another self when talking to him and feel he's more closer to me than my Muslim cousins but at least he is happy now in the holy land (Hebron, the tomb of our patriarch Abraham a.s is in here). Heard that he's going to get marry with a western girl. Need to think what should I send to him as his wedding present since I can't attend his wedding. He's still in the service and can't perform his religious duty. 

He said so many sick-minded people trying to play around with him and he's not one of them so he decided to get marry. He's still young I guess around 23 years old, lolll. I can't imagine myself getting marry though I am older, hahahaha. Feel funny... I think I am old by age but I am still a 19 years old guy inside. Hate being an old guy, I love my 19 years old age but I can't get back my time and what I had lost.... Time passing without we realize.

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace, and love, amin!           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...