Saturday 7 December 2013

Why am I born?

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


This is actually a Tamil poem... You certainly cannot call yourself a Malaysian if you do not know some Tamil apart of other languages surrounding you, haha. At least you can count from 1 up to 10 in Tamil.

  

All those fetuses are not sinned. 
Who are you and I 
to find a fault in?

A hole in the bamboo stick
Brings out a good song.

Even the clouds turn dark and black
to bring the rain back
for survival of crops and
for survival of mankind!

A hut in a village
Green trees lined up by the river
And there lived people
that are open and innocent...

Āriro... Āriro... Ārariro..

In the sound of the banyan tree
Everyone in deep sleep
Earth is so far away
And who would know the reason?
Why are you born? Why are you born? Why are you born?

Why am I born?
Why did I open my eyes?
I do not know

In God's creations
Anything is beautiful and
Your eyes won't know that!

Who would know?
What would they say?

Why am I born?
Why did I open my eyes?
I do not know...

Vali (T.S Rangarajan; 1931-2013)

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

2 comments:

  1. really nice poem! :)
    btw,i'm Malaysian but i d'nt able to count from 1 up to 10 in Tamil.in Chinese maybe,i know lil bit :)
    for me to learn Chinese language is more easy than learn Tamil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your talent is leaning more toward Chinese language. The educational system within the country is quite unique too. That makes everyone could easily take advantage and learn many things from each other ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...