Saturday 16 February 2013

Mengejar Pelangi

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


Just a memory about my father while he was not bed-ridden... The title of the post is actually a title of my father literary work and it is in Malay. It means Chasing the Rainbow. Its significance for my father perhaps he is hoping for happiness. Though we're Arabs by descent but we love Malay language and are much binding to the language cultural sphere. 

This book is basically about a search done by two youngsters in a place known as Hutan Kepelu which actually refers to the area in Kodiang. It is my father's hometown. The youngsters are researching about a legendary figure known as Panglima Nayan who is prominent among the Northern Malays. They wish to prove his existence through historical findings but in the same time they faced difficulties in the jungle. Those two guys did not found anything about the Panglima Nayan instead they bumped to something else.... This book was published by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department, Prime Minister's Office. 

Though I never show anything to him, I actually had read everything that he writes... He wrote two other books I guess and one of them is a biography while the other is about the Ulamas in Malay speaking areas. Another one which is known as the "Bingkisan Sutera Biru" I have forgotten whether in a whole book form of a short story form which he wrote for his mother in-law (my maternal grandmother).

Other achievement he had made for himself is that he handled a column known as Di Sepanjang Jalan. I guess those who read the column in the 90's up to early 2000 might know him or even know me if they personally know my father. I can't do anything to help him or to release him from his pain so I just hope to reproduce everything that he had made in another medium and begging prayers from around for him so he may receive bountiful of happiness in this life and in the hereafter. I still think that I am not a filial son. Please help me to pray for my father, reciting the salawat and I will be very grateful to brothers and sisters.

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...