Friday 18 January 2013

New Blog Site

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah


I had launched another site for our business with brother Amir because we found that it is not really easy to find job nowadays. Nak kerja kerajaan ka? Kalau depa bagi la. No one in our house ever receive job offer from kerajaan, hehe... It is just like our part-time business in the meantime for our life to get stable.  At least we do not begging around or just lay dormant but do nothing to survive. It was my idea, but I expand it to brother Amir since he was my colleague. I think we could be good partners and we just collaborate in order to survive according to our ancient nation-states system concept known as the naksat or nakshatra system. It was a confederation system among Buddhist Malay nation-states in Kra Isthmus and we are from one of the state which is Kedah which was represented by the cobra or the naga.

Basically it is a site (click here to figure it out) where we advertise our expertise, skill and knowledge pertaining to translation and interpretation because we had no place to gain experience and people do not see our ability and what we could actually do. People see experience as they think that they do not need to train the employees. It saves their cost a lot. Lagipun, kalau tak bagi kita peluang berkhidmat di serikat mana-mana lah, bagaimana kami nak berpengalaman kerja betul dak? How could we prove ourselves if there is no channel? Maybe everyone could see our real names and contacts. But I do not care because it is only for business deal.

My idea is that, maybe we could collaborate with media practitioners be they independent or of any organization or institutions who would like to use our services of course with some charges, hiring us for movie translators or script translators, subtitling, using our expertise in interpreting maybe during coverage of certain news in parts of Malaysia or Thailand where there are no English speaking people. Or simply hiring us for translation jobs, editing, proof-reading, research, consultancy or being correspondences for their organizations and companies because we cover both northern and southern regions. We act as freelance translators, editors and interpreters. Other than that, I could do some part-time jobs during the daytime or perhaps working in shifts because part-time job in our country is like that. Just to survive and because my dad is bed-ridden... If I do not suite myself perhaps I would have to run to the jungle or climbing the mountain ranges, then stay there until He releases me.   

I realized that no matter how we hate our selves and past. But we have to accept our selves for whom we are. Maybe we were disappointed because just after we graduated in 2009, there was a gap for about a year. In that gap I also tried to do many jobs and finding stable jobs. But then the postgraduate calling came, and I had a second thought to see what it is all about. This is what makes me in sufferings because I am always curious to know what will happen if I follow this way or that way and in the way and there are thorns that would suddenly appear... hehehe... Maybe some people would call me a bodoh, but I don't know. Maybe they are right... 

Now, I am maintaining more than 10 sites since 2008... But those posts in 2008 are deleted because I do not want to remember anything from our undergraduate time. However the memory is still lingering in my mind. Those sites are in Malay about spirituality of different faiths especially Buddhism and Brahmanism where they are not suitable for Muslim viewers, religions, languages, current issues, Islam where I had separated it into other sites as not to confuse public who suddenly stumbled there, about Shi'a Muslim and Mu'tazilite doctrines because I made researches, translations, personal interviews and inquiries, about our Kedah sultanate and others... My nature is more to a da'ie and was trained like one but I don't know why I end up like this... Maybe because of the pressures around and I have no one to be my company so I basically relied on His Mercy-Compassion. Now I am just a wandering traveler or perhaps acting as a wandering da'ie according to situations and conditions. I wish this new year would bring me some light of hope to return to the fitrah... 

Allahumma salli 'alaa Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhammad wa sahbihi ajma'in. Wishing all beings a blessed Friday and a peaceful Saturday, may all beings be protected and receive mercy of Allah Ta'ala... 

Sealed with prayers for mercy, peace and love, amin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...