Thursday 2 June 2011

Around the Corner

Assalaamu'alaikum wa Rahmatullah!

I am not really a poem type of person because my writing isn't so good. But sometimes I do love to browse on others' poem and reading them for pleasure. Although I do not really have close friends around in my neighborhood as I am a 'gypsy,' and I don't really mingle closely with people around me due to that I have this feeling where I am not going to maintain any close relationship with others due to that every meeting would also be accompanied with farewell.

I would assume the Lord as my foremost important friend amongst all. Our patriarch Abraham had also been known as the companion of the Lord, so we as his few thousand years descents would also try to approach the Holy Lord so may we get His assistance when we are in difficulties. However the Lord would never be a vanished friend because He is living without any changes.

This poem is titled Around the Corner written by Henson Towne. It tells us about a vanished friend. Let us enjoy his writing, maybe it could inspire us in our daily life. And if we have a good or close friend, be sure to appreciate him or her when they are around. We would never find such a good friend like him or her if we lose them.


Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end.
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.
And I never see my old friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race.
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell,
And he rang mine.
We were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim."
"Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner!-yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir-"
"Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.
 

This poem reminds me of my only friend during I was in standard four in Ahmad Tajuddin, and he is known as Saiful. He was the one who approached me and talked with a silent boy from KL who had just registered into the school and alone. I could say that he was my best friend after that but as I had implied before maybe time is changing us. 

This friend of mine is still alive anyway trying to establish connection with me again and maybe had been engaged to someone now because he messaged me last time. He even invited me to his engagement but I have no time to attend the engagement ceremony at his house.  I would like to express thanks to you for not forgetting me in your important matters.

And I am sorry friend for not congratulating you, even now I do not know what happened to myself after long. Maybe I am feeling down due to that I do not live like others and thinking that I am not normal. I had even thought that I had something wrong in my head too but I guess that, it is just us who makes it feels like that. 

Maybe it is the environment around changing me too or I am afraid of saying farewell to others so I would just feel comfortable not being attached to anyone except for the Lord. Many would say that this is an act of a coward, but I would never care now. There are many factors but what I could say if I hurt you, dear friend? It is my fault, not of anyone. I am just a guy feeling down of myself. Anyone would feel like this when they are facing unstable circumstances in life anyway. And I hate facebook or other social network sites.

May the Lord bless people around me no matter if they know me or not. No matter they are my fellow muslim brethren or non-muslims. Sealed with my prayers for peace and love.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...